The best family activities and events in London
London is a fantastic destination for families, as it offers a wide range of activities and events that cater to all ages and interests. Whether you want to explore the city's rich history and culture, enjoy some thrilling entertainment and attractions, or relax in nature and green spaces, you'll find plenty of things to do in London with kids.
Here are some of the best family activities and events in London:
- Visit the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter: If you're a fan of the boy wizard, you can't miss this opportunity to see behind-the-scenes of the film series. You can walk through sets, props, costumes, and special effects that brought the story to life. You can also ride on a broomstick across London.
- Watch a musical at the West End: London's theatre district is home to some of the best shows in the world, including family favourites like The Lion King, Wicked, Frozen, and Matilda The Musical. You can sing along with catchy tunes, marvel at stunning costumes and sets, and be entertained by talented performers.
- Explore the museums for kids: London has some of the best museums for kids in the world, where you can learn about science, history, art, and more. You can experience an earthquake at the Natural History Museum, see a meteorite at the Royal Observatory Greenwich, touch museum objects at the Horniman Museum and Gardens, and see Egyptian mummies at the British Museum.
- Enjoy the views from the London Eye: This giant observation wheel offers spectacular views of the city's skyline and landmarks. You can see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral, and more from 135 metres (443 feet) above ground. You can also enjoy interactive touchscreens and 4D cinema experiences.
- Have fun at KidZania: This indoor city for kids lets them try out different professions through role-play adventures. They can be firefighters, doctors, pilots, journalists, and more. They can also earn and spend their own currency called KidZos.
Of course, these are just some of the things you can do in London with kids. You can also visit other attractions like SEA LIFE London aquarium, Madame Tussauds London, Shrek's Adventure! London, and more. Or you can relax in one of the many parks and gardens, such as Hyde Park, Regent's Park, or Kew Gardens.
And if you're looking for a place to stay in London, you can't go wrong with Mercure London Hyde Park. This elegant hotel offers comfortable rooms with modern amenities, a cosy bar and restaurant, and a convenient location near Paddington Station. You can easily access all the attractions and events mentioned above from this 4 star family hotel in Hyde Park. Plus, you can enjoy views of Talbot Square Gardens from your window.
So what are you waiting for? Book your trip to London today and experience all that this amazing city has to offer for families.Book Now